This privacy statement was most recently revised on 2 July 2021.
Eraze Computer Software B.V. (hereinafter: Eraze) has developed the web-based application eWCAT to support engineers in regards of Well Control Assurance. Your privacy and the protection of your personal data is of great importance to Eraze. During the processing of your personal data via the eWCAT application we work in accordance with the requirements for the processing of personal data as laid down in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This means:
- The purposes are clearly specified before personal data is being processed in the eWCAT application, by using this privacy statement.
- The collection of personal data is limited to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes.
- Explicit permission is asked to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required.
- Appropriate security measures are taken to protect your personal data and the same is demanded from parties who process personal data on our behalf.
- Your right to access, correct or delete your personal data processed in the eWCAT application is respected.
Your contractor may use our application in regards of Well Assurance Control. If this is the case, Eraze, as the developer of the application, has access to the personal data being processed in the application. However, your contractor is responsible for the processing of your personal data within the eWCAT application. Therefore, for questions about the handling of your personal data and requests with regards to your rights, we refer you to your contractor.
For what purposes is personal data processed in the eWCAT application?
Your personal data is safe within the eWCAT application and it will always be used correctly. In this privacy statement it is explained how the information that is processed about you in the eWCAT application is handled. By using the eWCAT application, you are providing certain data, which could be personal data. For each purpose, for which personal data is processed within the eWCAT application, it is indicated what information is obtained from you, for what purpose the information is processed and how long it will be stored. If you have any questions or want to know exactly what information is stored from you in the eWCAT application, please contact us. Our contact details are mentioned at the bottom of this privacy statement.
In order to use the eWCAT application, you need to login with your Microsoft Azure account. If you do not have a Microsoft Azure account, you can login with an account that has been created for you for the eWCAT application.
For this purpose, the following personal data is processed when you have a Microsoft Azure account:
- E-mail address
And when you do not have a Microsoft Azure account:
- First and last name
- Display name (Business) e-mail address
- (Business) e-mail address
Your contractor needs this information because of the agreement with you. The information will be retained so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you use the eWCAT application. The information will be stored until your account has been disabled by your contractor.
Use of the eWCAT application
When you are logged in, you can start using the eWCAT application to validate the equipment used during the well construction phase and carry out approval inspections of those equipment.
For this purpose, the following personal data is processed:
- First and last name
- Display name
- Job title
- E-mail address
- Certificate proving qualification and any information containing the certificate (e.g. birth date, issue date, expiration date)
- Start validation/approval inspection equipment
Your contractor needs this information because of the agreement with you. The information will be stored until your account has been disabled by your contractor. Some information will be retained for a longer period, as we need to store the information about the well for as long as the well exists, because of administrative reasons.
Providing data to third parties
The personal data being processed in the eWCAT application will only be shared with third parties when this is allowed by current legislation. It may happen that your personal data is provided to third parties, because:
- we have engaged a third party to process certain data;
- it is necessary to carry out the agreement with your contractor;
- you give permission to share your personal data;
- we have a legitimate interest to share your personal data;
- we are legally obliged to do so (e.g. if the police demand this in case of a suspicion of a crime).
The parties that process personal data on our or your behalf are:
- IT suppliers and service providers
In order to provide the eWCAT application, your personal data may be provided to parties established outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Your personal data will only be provided to parties outside the EEA if there is an adequate level of protection for the processing of personal data. This means, for example, that a model agreement from the European Commission is used or agreements are made about the handling of personal data.
We take appropriate technical and organizational security measures with regard to the processing of personal data within the eWCAT application, against loss or against any form of unlawful processing (such as unauthorized access, corruption, alteration or disclosure of personal data).
You have the following rights regarding your personal data being processed in the eWCAT application:
- Right of access: you have the right to see what kind of personal data is being processed about you;
- Right of rectification: you have the right to rectify any personal data being processed about you, if this information is (partially) wrong;
- Right to object: you have the right to object against the processing of your personal data;
- Right to be forgotten: you can file a request to remove any personal data being processed of you in the eWCAT application;
- Right to data portability: if technically possible, you have the right to transfer your processed personal data to a third party;
- Right to the restriction of the processing: you can file a request to (temporarily) restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Right to revoke your consent: you have the right to revoke your consent, when your data is being processed based on your consent.
If you wish to exercise one of your rights, you can hand in a request by contacting your contractor. You may be asked to provide proper proof of your identity, as you only have rights with regard to your own personal data.
Your request will be handled within one month by your contractor. This term can be extended if the request is proven to be complex or tied to a specific right. You will be notified about a possible extension of this term within one month.
Modification of this privacy statement
This privacy statement may be changed from time to time. Changes will be published in the eWCAT application. It is therefore advised to consult this privacy statement on a regular basis, so you are aware of these changes.
If you would like to file a complaint about the use of your personal data within the eWCAT application, please send an email with the details of your complaint via the contact details below. We will look into it and respond to any complaint we receive.
If you think that we are not helping you correctly, you have the right to file a complaint with the national
supervisory authority responsible for the protection of personal data against the processing of your personal data within the eWCAT application. For the Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
If you have any questions and/or suggestions regarding our privacy statement, please contact us at:
Eraze Computer Software B.V.
6825 BS Arnhem
Telephone: +031 (0)88 804 0400
Chamber of Commerce: 27164810